Would you like to join the Massapoag Yacht Club?
Do you love to sail? Do you love to have fun? Would you like to have a quiet, private place to go and sail and enjoy the lake, the beach and the facilities? Are you interested in joining a yacht club where the membership is active in racing, sailing and lots of social events? Can you come to 4 meetings a year? Are you willing to work with the other members side by side to keep the yacht club up and running and in good order? YES! Then the Massapoag Yacht Club is for you.
A little about becoming a member
To become a member, you should have a sailboat or be interested in obtaining a sailboat in the near future. A membership application needs to be completed and mailed to the address on the form. If your application is accepted, a bill will be sent to you and upon payment, you will become a provisional member for the balance of that year. In late fall, the Membership committee votes on provisional members and decides whether to accept each one for full membership, and you will be notified of that decision. A member is accepted if he/she has performed duties, followed Club rules, and participated in Club activities. At the annual meeting in January, newly voted members are identified and introduced to the membership at that meeting.
Membership dues and fees
Membership Dues are currently $450 per year and are billed at the time of application and once a year after that. Annual membership fees are due on February 15th of each year, or 30 days after you were invited to join, whichever is later. For new members, there is an initiation fee equal to one year’s membership fee, currently $450. This fee is billed in installments of 1/3 of the dues – currently $150 - per year for the first 3 years after you are accepted as a full member. Occasionally, the amount of dues is increased by a vote of the membership. If dues are changed during your 3-year period, this does not increase the amount of your initiation fee.
What you get for your fee
You get a lot for the price of your dues:
- Drive-in access to the Club grounds with one key to all locks
- Ramp access to Lake Massapoag
- Beach access
- Unlimited use of the Clubhouse - tables, chairs, refrigerator, microwaves, grills, and other small appliances as well as dishes and utensils
- Access to the Lake to install a mooring for your boat
- Access to Club dinghies to get to your boat
- Access to the Club’s racks and sailing locker for smaller boats
- Some access for drysailing larger boats
- The opportunity to participate in scheduled racing
- The opportunity to participate in Club social events
- The opportunity to meet some great people and make new friends
What is expected from you
This is a self-help club, so all members must do their part to keep the Club up and running and in good order. This includes:
- Participation in the spring work party to open the Club for the year
- Participation in the fall work party to close up the Club for the year
- Up to 4 times a year racing support duty
- Once a year dinner duty, where you and others prepare a pot luck dinner or you serve food for one of the other events, open house, brunch, regattas
- You may be asked to do voluntary special work if a project comes up
- Participation in quarterly Club meetings (not rquired but strongly recommended)
Does this sound like your kind of place?
Download a Membership Application Packet: PDF version | MS WORD version and send it in. You will also get the list of Club Rules and Guidelines, Participation and Infraction Policy and the Policy for Alcohol Use at the Club. We can’t wait to meet you!!