As we move into this first step of re-opening, the overall expectation is that sailors will come to MYC, launch their boats, sail, and then return home. We are asking you to refrain from socializing and the areas where we traditionally get together (club house, picnic tables) will remain closed for now. The restrooms will be open for use. Below are some general guidelines for all of us to follow:
No guests allowed at this time.
Now that we have reviewed our common policies, let’s discuss what you can expect when you arrive.
There will be Sign-in/Sign-Out station. Make this your first and last stop of the day. If needed, attendance sheets will be given to health officials to aid in contact tracing. (This might be online or some other electronic means)
There will be signs stating ‘All regularly scheduled activities are postponed and instrutions on restroom use
Boat Storage Areas and Launch Sites
Here are some considerations for getting your boat in and out of the water:
* There will be no formal racing at this time!
• Limit gatherings and launchings to no more than 6 people.
• Maximize your distance from others, according to CDC Guidelines.
• Wear a mask (or a suitable substitute) any time your are on shore or the docks and, maintain 6 feet of separation.
• Wash or sanitize your hands if you touch objects that others frequently handle.
* Contact Diane Kampf email@example.com for large boat storage locations, dry sailing spots
* Contact Mike Lieberman firstname.lastname@example.org for mooring assignments
* Contact Eddie Ellis email@example.com for small boat storage locations before leaving your boat on the beach.
* Sailing is at your own risk*
The restroom facility is open. We have provided soap and disinfectant spray on the sinks. There will be sanitizing materials available for your use. Please clean the areas used after washing your hands. If possible, please limit occupancy to one per side. Please wear a mask (or suitable substitute).
Unfortunately, social distancing does not allow us to teach lessons. We will get our new sailors back on the water as soon as conditions allow.
It is truly a pleasure to welcome you back to MYC after May 17th! Have fun and be safe.
2020 Commodore &2020 MYC Board