As you may know, the MYC Board has been working on adjustments to our racing program to comply with the Governor's Reopening Massachusetts plan. We are now ready to start racing this Sunday, May 31st at 1:30pm. Gary Werden has graciously volunteered to serve as PRO during this transition period and the Sailing Instructions will be modified based on the attached addendum.
IF YOU WERE SCHEDULED FOR DUTY, THERE IS NO DUTY FOR YOU AT THIS TIME.
- All races will be pursuit races.
- Safety boat coverage will be limited. Racers who are uncomfortable with the conditions and/or the rescue assistance capacity SHOULD NOT RACE. Remember RRS Rule 4.
- The PRO, in consultation with the RC Chair or a Board Member, will determine whether conditions are suitable for racing based on the available rescue capacity.
- The RRS definition of Keep Clear is amended to: A boat keeps clear of a right-of-way boat when she maintains six feet between boats.
- All racers must wear PFDs on the water at all times and carry a whistle.
Please continue to wear a mask (or a neck gaiter, buff, or other suitable device to cover your mouth and nose) in areas on shore and on the docks.
We hope to see you on the water.
MYC Board of Directors